Friday, April 30, 2010



Falling onto Love…


...And literally sitting on it. In my personal library I have tons of books and magazines on science, technology, art, design, French, Spanish, cookbooks, religion, fashion, advertising, etc. I also have books on Lurve, not Love, LURVE. I read Mars and Venus, and The Rules books… and I never had a boyfriend.


The Rules 1 and 2 written by Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider, are my favourites. While they tell you how to get Mr. Right, they were a great confidence boost, and I have never felt better about being myself around men. As a young woman who grew up with a single parent, I yearned to be loved by men, and growing up I had many, many crushes, the most recent being about nine or eight years ago. He was tall and handsome and had muscles, and personality wise, girls, he was almost perfect. All in one package. I did not matter that he was of a different race, it never occurred to me that race is a huge factor in getting married. Of course, he got married and that was that. I must admit, the tears explained the horror, when I found out that my being black had a lot to do with not being a “consideration”.


The Rules taught me all I needed to know, and why (1) You should NEVER call men (2) Don’t try to change men, my personal favourite (3) Don’t date married men. (4) How to deal with rejection. Some women will say this is so old fashioned, so let me ask you this: Why is it, that some women are able to have happy marriages, while others cant keep their hub’s from straying, or have to grovel to keep their marriages together? If a woman run after a man and she marries him, does it mean happy ever after? Now I know that you are thinking: “Pissssshawwww! There are so many, ‘How to Get-A-Man,’ books.” That is true, some of the authors may be too bright, using big words, or psychological grammar. However, The Rules are easy to understand, and are quite applicable. You may want me to tell you more, but I won’t. What I will tell you though is that I don’t look like Miss. Universe (more like Gabourey Sidibe), and men feel comfortable talking with me, I am not initially attracted to them, because I know what I want, and when I want. Its called Confidence. And you believe me, I can carry a conversation, without falling in LURVE.


I don’t know if they are being currently being sold in Trinidad and Tobago, but some book stores take orders. Here are the names of the books:



The Rules-Time tested secrets for capturing the heart of Mr. Right and The Rules 2-More rules to live and love by, both written by Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider.



And no, you can’t borrow my books . LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment