Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Zombies Cannot Exist...


...In a world with a positive future. 

Have you ever wonder why the future is portrayed as something to be fearful of? Why is it that some books and movies intend to eradicate mankind? The most popular way these days is by zombies.

Some folks seem to be fascinated by them. I am more amused by the stage make-up and effects, and the acting of zombie actors in the movie, or TV series.  However, I have to admit, I am a huge fan of The Walking Dead. What I love about that show are the actors, and the direction, plus, it has a pretty solid plot. I love how it leads you to question yourself. Sometimes, I found myself thinking, "I wonder if Rick did the right thing?" and "That Shane is losing his marbles with every episode." 

I do not believe that there will be a Zombie Apocalypse. Why? It is simply not feasible. When you think of a Zombie Apocalypse, you think of fear, fear that you now have to live life wielding a machete, shot gun, and numerous other weapons, fear that with a bite, or scrape, or any physical contact with a zombie, will leave you questioning whether you will kill a beloved family member, and we all know what will happen if we don't…in fiction, that is. Zombie Apocalypse equals Fear. Fear of the Future.

In the 1950s, fear of the future was unheard of. They thought of a world of flying cars, and personal flying jet-packs and, never-ending skyscrapers. We are still waiting on the flying cars. However, it was a time of improvement, a time of looking forward to a glorious future… of flying stuff.

Today, we look forward to a future of living a zombie lifestyle. Such darkness and gloom wrought with violence and anarchy… Do you honestly want to live in a world like that? Your every waking and sleeping moment mired in fear of being caught by zombies? Some folks talk about the representation of zombies, meaning this commercialized and politicized world, ruled by the elite 1% who controls the majority of the riches around the world. The 'elite' who seeks to govern our very desires to acquire more things that they are selling. Fair enough… symbolically speaking. Reality speaking, we have a whole bunch of other problems to deal with, and I really do not want to raise our blood pressure to discuss them.

Tonight, a friend and I were discussing the zombie marketing that has sprung up almost overnight. Zombie survival gear, an architecturally designed zombie survival home, a psychiatrist discussing what makes a zombie, even giving the condition a name, Ataxic Neurodegenerative Satiety Deficiency Syndrome. Uh ok. I don't have the time to even explain that to you, but then there is Google. So Google it! It would be good to remember that when you are dead, you are in reality, non-existent you won't even know the difference between a brain and a tasty Wedding cake.

I want a bright future. A future where my race is not something of distrust and disgust, where I can get up refreshed and happy, where I can meet positive and happy people. A place where I have two working ears, and a life without sickness and injustice. Yes, a world where there is no fear… A Future of millions of happy and healthy children.

A Future of True Happiness.

2011©LisaMarieBonaparte

No comments:

Post a Comment