Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Beautiful, Smart & Paletable Personalitiy


Unlike my illustrations, in person, I have absolutely no movie star looks. I think that is a good thing, because Madeleine Albright, who was one of the most, or the most powerful woman during the Clinton Administration as the United States Secretary of State, was no Sophia Vegara. Now, I am not questioning the abilities of these two women, please consider some facts:

Madeleine Albright can speak English, French, Russian and Czech, also Polish and Serbo-Croatian. She taught at Georgetown University's School of Foreign Service. Is awarded a B.A. from Wellesley College with honors in Political Science. She also Studied at Johns Hopkins University, Columbia University…Career wise, Ms. Albright is extremely brainy and experienced, and I would not like to be a contestant on Jeopardy with her, especially if one of the topics are American History and Politics. By the way, did you ever see the website of Johns Hopkins University? I would love to study there one day, if I have the time. Biophysics could be interesting.

Sophia Vegara, also went to a university in Colombia studying pre-dentistry, and she is so beautiful, that she gained many opportunities to work as a model and actress. It all depends on what you want out of this life, so don't knock her choices. From what I have read she has starred in many shows in her native Colombia and the U.S.

Depending on what you want out of this life, you must have the abilities, cajones and determination. If you have the beauty and/or brains to make it happen, by all means. What if you are beautiful with smarts? Geena Davis, is a member of Mensa (an organization for really bright people). She has starred in one of my most favourite action movies, A Long Kiss Goodnight, with Samuel .L. Jackson. Her I.Q. (intelligence quotient) is 140.

About two weeks ago I stumbled upon an article on the internet, the question was, why are smart people ugly? Not all of them are ugly, its just some of them. Just as not all beautiful people are models and movie stars, some volunteer in lands that need assistance.

Intelligence only happens if you learn from your mistakes and you try to never allow history to repeat itself. That's my take. Learning from experience. How can history never be allowed to repeat itself? I do not know. What is intelligence, or being intelligent? According to my pocket Oxford dictionary: Intelligence (noun) is the mental ability to learn and understand things or information. Intellect (noun) is the mind's power of reasoning and acquiring knowledge. Intelligent (adjective) is having mental ability. I guess most folks has some sort of mental intellect, even the fictional Patrick Starfish. Fact: SpongeBob SquarePants was created by a marine biologist. Ok I am trying not to get excited, I love SpongeBob episodes too much!

What would I rather have? On the one hand there is beauty: the envy of other women, the most popular girl in the group, and the arm candy to a Prince or an immensely rich tycoon. One person I know is so beautiful that she has hardly gained the experience of actually being single, for as long I have known, there was almost always a guy around, and he always had wealth and popularity. Or you can be intelligent and educated enough to make up for your lost looks, here you don't have to worry about guys, although, if you do have a boyfriend its because you have enough smarts to keep him on his toes and he pursued you enough not to let go. You can work and be good enough to be a Secretary of State or an Attorney General, or even write an interesting blog or a book! The successes are almost endless... and you are not limited by how long your looks are going to last.

You know, given the way how people are most cynical today, I am secretly hoping that someone comes and says: "Yadda, yadda! A blog by an ugly chick who is hoping that she is eventually accepted for who she is... like a Hollywood movie!" LOL

2012©LisaMarieBonaparte

No comments:

Post a Comment