Tuesday, January 4, 2011

When all you want to do is run away

Avoid Nalovent the Negative in 2011
At the age of 25, I packed my bags, and left home. I did not have to make two trips, and I never looked back. It was not easy, I have been dreaming about this day since I was 14. The whole process happened in less than a month. And here I am, still thriving, although age has crept up on my face, and I no longer have that youthful, fresh glow. well I  do have a natural glow, that comes from oily skin, and constant reminders of, "Like you going to work at KFC, your face so oily".

Have you heard of the term, "A face that only a mother could love". That does not apply to me.  Have you ever met some folks, who are sort of unpalatable on the outside, but when you get to know them, suddenly their 'unpaletableness' disappears, and suddenly they are radiant and beautiful...without a physical makeover. Whereas, some of the most beautiful people have horrible personalities, its like one moment you are admiring their perfectly manicured nails, and when you look up they have the face that resembles the top of an old time car battery.

Do you feel like you are in a deep well and you can't climb out because the walls are slippery? Or you are surrounded by a gang of expert losers and you can't seem to get past them? Do you feel you are holding yourself back?

Before I left home, I wondered if it was ever possible, can I do it, what if...The thing is, you have to know yourself, and what you can handle. Communication, is what I love, if I have to hear the good news, or the bad news, I'd rather hear the bad news first, and here is where good communication comes in. With good communication, you hear words like tact, salt and seasoning, smoothness, pronunciation, honey chocolate, anything that makes the news better to handle, though not taking away from the 'bad' aspect of the news. Bad communication comes with vile, sarcasm, acid irony, rough gravel, pelting big stone, and rotten fish speech.

This year I want to make a difference in my life, I am tired of folks telling me I can't do this or I can't do that. While I admire Thomas the Train for saying, "Yes I can-Yes I can." I want to be like Bertha the Bulldozer that says, "But I must-But I must." Or Applebee the Airplane that says, "I can fly-I can fly." Or like Melba the Mind who is poisoning the depression weed, and cultivating the Sunflower of positivity.

While it does help to leave your problems behind, it also helps if you can face them, not like Nalovent the Negative, but to face them with a positive mind and just be open to new ideas and interests, even people. Speak to someone, whom you normally would not talk to, you would be amazed at what you can learn from them, or how much you have in common.

Besides, I feel like I must do the thing I have never done before, I feel so nervous, the Butterflies in my stomach are raging like a crazy manifestation of hybrid bees.

2011©Lisa Marie Bonaparte

No comments:

Post a Comment