Saturday, August 4, 2012

Tobago Beach Home

In Tobago, I found that the majority of residents here build massive homes with lots of little apartments and charge really high rents. I have been to some places where it is about 12 feet long by 8 feet wide with one window for $1,500 a month. And I have seen slightly larger for about $300.00 more. One place is a one bedroom with a little window. That goes for $2,200 a month. And if you protest they say, "That is my price, take it or leave it."

So, I decided to 'build' a home on Google Sketchup, because somewhere I think there is potential to have a home and apartments, but make it 'liveable' and get the maximum out of your tenants and home without having to run A/C for an entire day.

I saw a piece of land by the beach, it is very large, so I thought what if I to purchase a piece from it  about 30 ft across and about 80 plus feet long. It is narrow, so the home that I built, will be pretty long and narrow, there would be minimal yard space, but will still have enough parking for all. I am not finished with the design yet, but I am pretty happy how its coming along.

The bottom apartment is for rent, this is the side facing the beach.

The unfinished design

2012©LisaMarieBonaparte

No comments:

Post a Comment